What’s the best way to keep preservative-free bread?
· The freezer is the ideal place to store preservative-free bread when mold growth is a concern.
· Wrapped bread will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
· Try to remove as much air as possible from the freezer-proofed bag.
· Pre-slice your loaf for easy portions.
Once you bring your fresh loaf of Tommy’s bread home, you can use storage techniques to help it last longer. Keep the bread in a bread box and store in a cool place (in Malaysia, would be an air-con room J); alternatively, freezer bag and store it in your freezer (the refrigerator will dry it out).
How To Refresh Your Bread
· Defrosting a slice or a loaf at room temperature
can take a few hours; this can be speeded
up by placing it in a pre-heated oven or
toaster for a few minutes.
· To ensure that crumb stays soft. Insert two
slices back to back in the toaster.
· Once toasted, you can keep the slices warm by putting them in a cotton or linen cloth.
· When crusty bread has lost its crispness it can be placed uncovered in a hot oven for 5 minutes.